Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Empty Nest

I have been watching the leaves fall and waiting for the empty nests to appear. There are just a few of them this year and mostly robin's nest. Of course this distresses me. I have always enjoyed watching a nest being built and then the beautiful eggs cupped in them, the feeding of the fledgelings and the flying lessons are the most fun of all to watch. I know that the flight pattern of the UPS planes has made an impact and trees have been destroyed and damaged by past storms. Fifteen years ago it seems this place was a haven for all types of birds. The numbers seem to dwindle each year and I do miss the birds and their songs.

1 comment:

  1. Oh that is so sad. I didn't realize the planes had had that effect. Your post is up for highlighting tomorrow Nov. 19. Blessings
    QMM

    ReplyDelete