Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The Teeth of the Lion

A new book , a gift from Angie who knows I am a weed. I am looking forward to reading The Story of the Beloved and Despised Dandelion. There will be interesting facts and fables and I will share some of them with you. I have a few recipes that I will share in the spring when the sunny skies and warm weather return and bring with them the beautiful little suns that can cover your lawn or yard as they say here in the country. I mostly consider mine a field and therefore don't get too excited about removing them. This year I am planning on eating some of them.

5 comments:

  1. You can make some dandelion wine and have some greens to go with the wine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. have a wonderful weekend...oh...and don't forget to stop by this week...starting right now to enter and learn about the great give away that is being held on my blog this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic Name Weedy Acres. How did you come on that? Thank's for comment. Join my followers Please
    Yvomme

    ReplyDelete
  4. I consider this buttery beauty to be a flower NOT a weed! I spent many a day making wishes and watching the little fairy-like seedlings float on the breeze as a child. I decorated my mud pies with them. I gave them in bouquets to my mother. They were my favorite part of spring, seeing our whole back yard covered in them. Have fun reading your new book on these little beauties!

    ReplyDelete