Wednesday, February 10, 2010

In And Outs of the Patch

When the gourds are first setting on your vines it is fairly easy to get in and out of the patch as you can see where the vines are growing. You will want to get in and sit up as many gourds as you can so they can grow with a good flat bottom. As time and vines take over this will not be feasible as you can kill a vine by stepping on it and in turn destroy your gourds. The vines will be producing blooms and gourds right up to frost time. Any that don't manage to have a flat bottom will just give a creative burst to some artist or crafter.

1 comment:

  1. I will sure appreciate the gourds I have gotten from you even more now. I have about 5 I have not gotten to do anything with yet. Got all my valentines painted using the heart shaped wreath. I added just a touch of glitter glue. I am just enchanted with that.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete