Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Birth Announcement

First picture of the new 'babies' born to the Robins family that constructed their home in the Nandina bush. This photo was taken on April 28th and the babies are so new, just pink skin and a fluff of hair. I was so afraid that they would not make it through all the rain that we have had, bird babies can drown in the nest you know. Mama bird must have been setting pretty tight for a couple of days as the young ones are doing fine and updated photos will be posted.

5 comments:

  1. Congrats for the Robin family. Great picture. Hope we find s new Robin family home. I guess they would drown. Poor babies. Like your new header picture too.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Given the Robins' probable pride in their infants, I suppose it's not polite of me to mention that their babies are preciously ugly. However, I'm sure their looks will improve when their tender skin is covered with feathers. And babies are wonderful in any case. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it marvelous how God works, they are so beautiful..

    The Church on my Lilac post Do paint it anything for you sweetheart Big hug,
    get crackin honey..

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a treat to watch them grow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. MARILYN, MY BABIES WERE BORN SAT, LIKE YOURSELF, I WONDERED HOW ALL THAT RAIN WOULD EFFECT THEM , BUT THEY ARE FINE,AND THE PARENTS ARE FEEDING THEM WELL, I WILL SNAP SOME PICS TOMORROW, BARBARA

    ReplyDelete