Monday, March 28, 2011

Dandelion Fritters

The very best way to rid your lawn of Dandelions is to eat them. All parts are edible but the stems are on the bitter side.  Be sure that your harvesting is from areas that are chemical free. This recipe is from a small book of Wild Recipes which you can look for at your local library.
                                                      
                         Dandelion Fritters
1 cup biscuit mix                           1/2 inch oil in skillet
1 cup milk                                      4 cups Dandelion flower heads (without stems)
1 Tablespoon sugar or honey

Mix together the biscuit mix, milk and sugar or honey. Heat oil in skillet until it sizzles when a bit of the batter is dropped into it. Dip dandelion flowers into mix and drop into hot oil headfirst. Fry until golden brown. Turn with tongs and brown the other side. Drain on paper towel and serve hot or cold.

Enjoy!  
  
          

4 comments:

  1. guess i am left out of the fritters, , mine had a dose of something

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh now this is a first and a must!! I bet they are very good!

    I do have a Giveaway from The Zhush I know you will love!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have had Dandelion greens but not fritters; will have to give them a try.
    Thank you for stopping by my blog and your kind words.
    ☼ Sunny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,
    Thanks for the comment on my blog. I had a friend growing up, who used to make those. I remember them being tasty.

    ReplyDelete