Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Robin's Nest

It's that time of the year when Robin's are willing to 
show their recklessness to the world.  You would 
think that a being with the skills they possess in construction
would also choose the best building sites. Not so, they will build 
a nest on the top of a tire on your car while it is parked. The nest 
above is so close to the ground that it would brush the top of a
cat's head.  I found a nest blown from a tree and placed in on the side
porch, in less than twenty minutes there were two eggs laid in it.

2 comments:

  1. WOW! 20 minutes? I found a nest in my window
    box last year. The baby bird fell out and I put it back in the nest. Mamma never came back, 3 days later it was dead. I was shook up over
    that baby bird.
    yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  2. My blooms on my purple cherry tomatoes are growing every day. I can't wait to just be able to step outside and pop one in my mouth. Hope the birds don't want to get them. I will share with you.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete