Tuesday, July 17, 2012

A Favorite...

...of the Hummingbirds. I have always known this as Red Honeysuckle. Some call it Coral Honeysuckle, but the name doesn't matter to the hummingbirds. The sad part of this beautiful story is the photos above were taken a week or so before the 100+ degree heat wave. There are now no blossoms on this beautiful bush and the hummingbirds are having serious battles at the feeding station. Oh, and for those that don't know, there is no fragrance that we can detect from this gorgeous plant.

2 comments:

  1. oh I know, what a shame. I've lost more plants than I want to lose over this heat wave. As soon as I think it's over, tomorrow brings 110˚ heat index. I'll be wilting right along with my flowers :( But boy what a splendid looking specimen it was!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never seen this plant to know what it is. Such a sad sight to see such beauty and all the brown lawns.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete