Friday, February 8, 2013

Winter Reds

The color Red is a staple in my home. You will find it year 
round but much more so in the winter, when I want to feel
warmer while it is cold outside. Jewel tone colors and a 
beaded lampshade provide a cozy retreat...red is a must for
drapes on north facing windows and a shower curtain sprouts
wonderful red toned flowers.

Accents with touches of red are always near by...a lamp shade
.... very dark red with dark feathers but the glow of an incandescent
bulb gives it a fiery look...one red accent leaf on this beautiful wreath..
a bench cover for the cats and a basket with touches of red and blue
that I hand crafted myself years ago.

And if all this does not add to my warmth...I just put on my red sweater !


1 comment:

  1. Oh how I loved that. You always amaze me with your creativity. Keep it up.
    P

    ReplyDelete